Saturday, November 12, 2016

Day 11 of fever

Yesterday after I posted, I asked my friends to pray for M. Miraculously, in the afternoon, his fever declined, he even sat up and played and SMILED, for the first time in so many days. He had a little of his appetite back too. We were ecstatic. We thought and hope the worst is over.
Today his fever came back a little. It's 38.3 now and I'm waiting for the doctor to come and assess him. He also seems very tired and lethargic and has trouble breathing. Everytime he stirs in his sleep and the oxygen mask is too far from his face, his oxygen level would drop to 89 (should be able to maintain 95 on his own).
He hasn't eaten or drank anything since 6plus last evening. Though he is on drip but the missing appetite worries me again.
I shall update further after the doc comes. Whatever it is, thank you God for lowering his temperature. Thank you thank you thank you.
Update on 14/11/2016 1.51am:
All through Sunday night M did so well. His fever totally subsided, he was awake for hours, he played and ate. The hubs and I were doing somersaults and feeling veey upbeat and positive. We thought the doctor would come in the morning and clear him and allow him to be discharged on Tuesday.
Just a few minutes ago his fever came back up again, to 38.8. His heart rate is also really super fast now, about 160-170+, compared to the ideal one of 120-130, which he managed to achieve earlier in the evening.
I'm not a doctor, so I can't say why his fever is back but it does not bode well. He's also coughing a lot more again even though throughout Sunday he didn't cough much at all. We'll just have to wait and see how he progresses through tonight ans hope for the best, then wait for the doctors to assess him tomorrow morning.
I wanted to whatsapp the hubs but I decided not to. Why make him as heartsick as I am? I shall just keep praying for a miracle to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment