Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Discharged on 18/11/2016

Thankfully after the 2nd dose of IVIG, the fever subsided and stayed away. M continued to grow stronger and stronger. They took his blood on 17/11/2016 to test for adenovirus count, his inflammation markers and other stuff. His inflammation marker went down and his adenovirus count also decreased significantly. They saw that his red blood cells were decreasing though, so recommended a blood transfusion to boost his RBCs. End up on 17/11/2016 night he was given a blood transfusion.

On 18/11/2016 (Friday), the doctors came by to look at him and were very happy to see him almost back to his normal self. Alert, with good appetite, active. So they said we could go home that day. And we did!

Today is 23/11/2016, 5 days after his discharge from the hospital and thankfully the worst truly seems to be over.

However, every morning and every night, when I see him lying next to me on the bed, sleeping peacefully, I whisper "Thank you Lord." for now I really appreciate the fact that he is beside me, safe and sound. I have begun to pray more for him and with him. In time to come I hope to bring him to church and introduce him to God and His Word. It seems only right that I should introduce him to the person who saved him and kept him well-protected.

It was a very scary experience that I would not wish any parent to go through. I've bought hospitalisation plan for him, albeit it's a little too late for this episode but still, buying it now is better than not buying at all. Can't stress the importance of it to all my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment